Veriflora® Sustainably Grown
Certification for Sustainable Ornamental Horticulture
What is Veriflora® Sustainably Grown ?
Veriflora® Sustainably Grown certification provides cut flower and potted plant producers globally with a detailed roadmap to demonstrate leadership in environmental protection, social responsibility, and quality performance. This third-party certification assures buyers and consumers that cut flowers and potted plants have been produced in an environmentally and socially responsible way, with practices that achieve the highest level of product quality. The certification is applicable to primary producers in ornamental horticulture who are implementing sustainable agricultural practices. VeriFlora:
- Delivers tangible results that benefit growers, workers, consumers, the environment and the bottom-line.
- Meets the growing consumer demand for sustainably grown cut flowers and potted plants.
- Helps assure product quality and longevity.
Uniquely position your product with the “gold” standard in sustainability certification for ornamental horticulture. Third-party certification assures buyers and consumers that cut flowers and potted plants have been produced in an environmentally and socially responsible way, with practices that achieve the highest level of product quality.
What does Veriflora® Sustainably Grown mean?
Healthy, safe and fair working conditions, protection of soil and water resources, responsible agrochemical use, energy efficiency, climate impact reduction, ecosystem protection, product quality, community engagement, and much more.
- Program Details
- Benefits for Producers
- Program Documents
The certification program currently requires conformance with the Veriflora® Sustainably Grown Standard, which provides a comprehensive framework and common set of requirements grouped into three categories – Environmental Sustainability, Social & Economic Sustainability, and Product Integrity. Ornamental horticulture products of all types and production systems of all sizes are eligible. Our global network of auditors can complete assessments anywhere in the world.
The certification process involves the following steps. For a detailed description please review the Veriflora® Sustainably Grown Certification Manual
- Apply for certification
- Fill out the SCS application form and sign the SCS Professional Services Agreement.
- Approve the work order
- SCS generates a work order describing the audit scope and costs. Your signature on the work order indicates your approval and sets the audit process in motion.
- Complete a self-assessment
- You complete a Self-Assessment Checklist to help identify gaps in conformance and prepare you for the audit.
- Evaluation Audit
- The SCS auditor conducts an onsite audit, which includes an opening meeting, physical inspection of the site, review of documents and records, interviews with personnel, and a closing meeting
- Audit Report Completed
- SCS reviews and finalizes the audit report and delivers the report to you within approximately 20 business days of the closing meeting.
- Corrective Action Plan
- If any nonconformities are noted, you prepare a Corrective Action Plan (CAP) describing corrective and preventive actions and providing evidence of implementation.
- Certification Decision
- All nonconformities must be closed before certification can be approved. If certification is achieved, you are issued a formal certificate, along with the SCS Kingfisher certification mark and logo use guidelines.
- Maintaining Certification
- Annual audits are required to maintain certification
- Verify your sustainability claims and strengthen your brand in the marketplace.
- Access top retailers that recognize Veriflora® Sustainably Grown as part of their sustainability objectives.
- Communicate your commitment to sustainability directly on your product with the SCS Kingfisher certification mark, representing one of the world’s most robust sustainability standards.
- Receive credit for your efforts to protect the environment through resource conservation, ecosystem protection, increased energy and water efficiency, waste management, and more.
- Ensure a safe, healthy work environment for your labor force and the surrounding community.
- Gain additional insights into ways to create a baseline for your sustainable practices in order to improve your operation over time.
- Profit from quality management improvements that allow consumers to enjoy flowers and plants that look beautiful and last longer.
|Sustainably Grown Veriflora V3.3 - Policy for Additional Diligence During the Coronavirus Pandemic
|Veriflora® Sustainably Grown Certification Manual
|English | Spanish
|Veriflora® Sustainably Grown Point-of-Sale Card
|Veriflora® Sustainably Grown Program Brochure
|Veriflora® Sustainably Grown Standard Version 3.3
|English | Spanish
Ready to start the process? Complete an Application.