Implementing FSSC 22000
Implementing FSSC 22000
FSSC 22000 is a GFSI approved scheme that provides the guidelines to develop Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) that are globally recognized by stakeholders throughout the entire supply chain.
The FSSC 22000 scheme was developed through extensive and open consultation with many global stakeholders.
FSSC 22000 uses international and independent standards such as ISO 22000, ISO 9001, ISO/TS 22003, and technical specifications for sector-specific Pre-Requisite Programs (PRPs), such as ISO/TS 22002-1.
Need support from our training team?
- Course Details
- Promote an understanding of the FSSC Standard
- Create a knowledge base to facilitate the successful implementation of an FSSC Food Safety Management System
- Show how a HACCP-based approach manages food safety and quality hazards in an operation
- Know the process to obtain the FSSC Certification
Who Should Attend:
Team members and those attempting to become FSSC 22000 certified. Team members in food manufacturing facilities seeking an understanding of the FSSC 22000 Code for the food supply chain operations (i.e. manufacturing, distribution, etc.) and how it relates to preventive controls, HACCP, and food safety plan development.
Prerequisites: It is highly recommended that the attendees have knowledge on GMPs and a formal 16 hours of HACCP Training.
Q - What training do you recommend for employees in a FSSC 22000 certified facility?
A – Based on experience, our subject matter expert recommends the following training for employees in a FSSC 22000 certified facility:
For all plant employees
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Allergen Awareness and Management
- Food Defense Awareness
- Food Fraud Awareness
- HACCP Awareness
- Pest Control
- Chemical Handling
- FSSC 22000 Awareness
For employees monitoring CCPs - CCP Training
For the food safety team – In addition to the training above - HACCP training
For the team responsible for the development and implementation of the FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System (mostly management team)
- FSSC 22000 Implementation
Q - What is GFSI, or GFSI audits?
A - The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is an industry-driven initiative providing thought leadership and guidance on food safety management systems necessary for safety along the supply chain. Their work is accomplished through collaboration between leading food safety experts from retail, manufacturing and food service companies, as well as international organizations, governments, academia and service providers to the global food industry. They meet together at technical working group and stakeholder meetings, conferences and regional events to share knowledge and promote a harmonized approach to managing food safety across the industry.
The mission of GFSI is to provide continuous improvement in food safety management systems to ensure confidence in the delivery of safe food to consumers worldwide.
What GFSI does:
- Specify for the recognition of food safety management schemes (SQF, BRCGS, FSSC22000, etc.) to defined requirements in its Guidance Document.
- Drives global change through multi-stakeholder projects on strategic issues (eg. auditor competence, regulatory affairs, food safety for small suppliers).
- SCS Global Services offers training courses in GFSI schemes (SQF, BRCGS, Global GAP, Primus) as well as auditing services to verify compliance with the requirements of the individual schemes. A third party audit by an accredited Certification Body such as SCS is necessary to become certified to a GFSI scheme. GFSI is not affiliated with any regulatory agency.
Q - How does FSSC22000 compare to FSMA regulations?
Q - How do I become an Auditor?
A - Each GFSI Scheme (SQF, BRCGS, FSSC22000, PrimusGFS, GLOBALG.A.P.) has requirements. Some SCS courses fulfill these, but some are only offered by the individual program. Most offering the training needed to become an Auditor. SCS offers some training for PrimusGFS Auditor, BRCGS Lead Auditor Training. Most schemes want auditors to have the basic trainings like Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI), HACCP, and the relevant basic scheme courses. More info here
These discounts can be applied at checkout when you register through SCS Learning Hub, our online training registration portal.
- For All Registrants: If you are registering for multiple trainings, you can receive a $25.00 off your total when you apply the following code at checkout: MULTIFSCOURSES
- For Administrators: If you are registering multiple attendees for a training, you can use the discount code to receive $25.00 off your total: MULTIATTENDEE
Disclaimer: Only one discount code applicable at checkout